Sunday, June 14, 2009

faq

Please feel free to ask us any questions, we will answer all questions and post some general questions and answers on this page.

Question: I have just stood on a pair of a Pure eye wear glasses ref PE 103 GUN 50 19 – 140. bought from Tesco’s last December who say I need a whole new frame at £80, when all that is needed is one new lens holding wire. Can you help with this?

Answer: Thanks for the message, very straight forward, it will be £14.99 plus £2.95 p & p We will turn it around on the same day you can either pay on-line or send cheque with the specs The number of times the opticians say that it can’t be repaired is amazing, but i guess that they just need to a living!

Question : I have a pair of Armani glasses that don’t hook behind the ears, instead they are supposed to press against the side of your head. The metal has worn away though and it is very rough and touching my skin….not nice! Do you possibly have arms that could replace these? The marking on the side is 962 46 (and a rectangle) 20 135. I’d appreciate anything you can tell me as these have been great glasses but they are hurting me to wear now with the exposed metal.

Answer: yes, very straight forward, please send them on.

Question :My wife has a pair of Tom Ford Whitney sunglasses. These are distributed by Marcolin in the UK. The lenses are now scratched. Are you able to supply replacements lenses? If so what is the cost?

Answer: We can get a generic pair made up for £29.99, and the quality is excellent.

Question : I have a pair of Karen Millen Eyeglasses model KM0073 – the right hand side arm has completely snapped of via the hinge and the left hand side is bent, i took them to vision express and they told me i needed a new frame at a nice price of £130!! Would you be able to mend them? …….. So yes you can…….. I would just like to say thank you very much for fixing my glasses they are just like new!! Posted Thursday and back Saturday that is super quick!!

Question : I have the best and most expensive glasses I have ever owned with a broken arm – that is, un repairable and now lost. The optician says they are discontinued. They are frameless specs – i am quite happy for a new pair of arms which don’t match the bridge exactly. Can you do this and how much would that be in your price plan please? And was that your company on Radio 5 Live this morning?

Answer: Yes that was us this morning on Radio 5 Live, and yes we can replace the sides on your specs at our fixed price of £14.99.

Question : I have a pair of Emporio Armani 9282 sunglasses( Yellow), they need the lenses replacing. Is this something you would be able to do? I know the lenses are made by Safilo.

Answer: Yes we can replace them, and the best option and cheapest is to put a generic pair of lenses that we will get made.

Questions : I just broke my RB 3302 left side arm from the middle. can i buy a new arm for my lovely glasses from you? if yes how much? and can you sent it to Sri Lanka?

Answer : Yes we can order those and post them Sri Lanka .Postage is £5.95

Question: “Will a frame that’s repaired or soldered be weaker than a new frame and will it re-break within a short period of time?”

Answer: No, quite the opposite. When frames are manufactured, there is a tendency to apply quick spot welds mechanically that unfortunately are often weak. That is why so many hinges separate right at the solder point. When we solder a frame, we infuse much more silver ensuring a strong, long lasting bond and we offer a 100% money back guarantee or we will re-fix the repair.

Question: “When a frame is soldered , will it be damaged or discoloured to the point that it would be obvious and unsightly?”

Answer: No, it is true that there may be is some degree of discoloration with some of the solders, but what sets us apart is our ability to refinish by re-plating the repaired area to as close to the original finish as possible. We will take time to match up the colours within our paint shop.

Question: “If I take my frames to one of the large optical chains, won’t they be able to do any repairs that I need?”

Answer: No, most Optical stores generally offer no repair services at all and those that do generally send the work to us in any event – we currently do repair work for some 1000 opticians nationwide.

Question: “Isn’t it expensive to repair broken eyeglasses?”

Answer: No, not at all. All repairs are a fixed price £14.99 excluding lenses. That is very inexpensive compared to buying new frames and lenses which could cost over £200 from a discount optician

Question: “Is there anything that you can’t repair?”

Answer: Not much . Most metal frames can be repaired except plastic frames can be repaired if its not a direct break in the plastic on the frame- but we can replace most sides and hinges.

Question:“I have a pair of gucci 155 gg2653/s l7ebb 68 10 with a broken right lense (as you look through them) can you supply me one?”

Answer:I presume that they are sunglasses – we can get a replacement but it will be at an extra cost which we will only know once we send it to our glazers- just use the buy it now and we will let you know the extra cost once we have the frame.

Question:“I have a pair of Ray Ban 4029 which need a new set of arms and was wondering if you could repair them?”

Answer: We cant get genuine parts but if the sides are just broken i.e. new hinges we can fix them – let me know what is wrong with them- or we can fix a pair of similar sides.

Question: “Can you weld the lens frame back onto the bridge, whilst cleaning the glasses the bridge popped separating the actual top of the lens frame that bends towards the bridge to hold together?”

Answer: No problem use the buy it now and we will get it back ASAP.

Question: “I have managed to break one of the lenses on my glasses – is this something you could repair as well?”

Answer:Yes we can get a replacement but there will be an extra cost which we wont know until we get it because it depends on the prescription- use the buy it now and we will let you know how much extra once we have the frame

Question: “Can you replace Ray ban lenses? ”

Answer: Yes, we can replace with original ray ban lenses at a cost of £29.99, which is a pair of new lenses, we will also service your existing frame at the same time.

Question: “Can you replace Gucci sunglasses lenses ?”

Answer: Yes, we can replace Gucci sunglasses lenses at a cost of £29.99, which is a pair of new lenses, however, at the moment they are not original lenses.

Question: “Can you repair my chanel sunglasses, the hinge has broken? ”

Answer: Yes, we can repair most sunglasses at a cost of £14.99, which as long as they are metal, sides hinges etc.

Question: “I need a screw for my glasses can you send me one? ”

Answer: There are hundreds of different size screws, for thousands of frames, and we keep most of them, we will charge just £9.99 for a replacement screw and servicing of your glasses or sunglasses, which includes package and return postage.

Question:“Can you repair Titanium, my optician tells me that it can’t be done? ”

Answer: Yes, we have invested in state of the art equipment and can repair all titanium frames.

Question:” I am l little unsure about sending a cheque to a company, I don’t know, with my expensive glasses, anything that you can suggest? ”

Answer: Yes, we have are happy for you to send the glasses without the repair cost, and we will invoice when we send them back.

Question : My Ted Baker specs are broken – the arms are counter-sprung, but one arm has broken off at the spring. Can you repair this mechanism? I don’t mind if you can fix the glasses without repairing the spring mechanism, but I just wanted confirmation that you can fix the problem somehow.

Answer: Yes we can repair the hinge at worst it may not spring again , but certainly wearable

Question : Hello wonder if you could help me i have a pair of CK sunglasses model 3014 39A in dark brown ,the left ear arm is sadly broken on the ear section and beyond repair can you help me with a replacement arm and give me a price for this thank you.

Answer: Yes, we can repair ,as we are official stockist for Calvin Klein and can replace all parts

If you have any other questions please contact us at sales@eyewearrepair.co.uk

No comments: